Matty's 26th Birthday: The Force Awakens
If you've known me for 5 minutes then I've probably told you that THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WE GET TO CELEBRATE BIRTHDAYS TOGETHER.
When Matty and I started dating in 2013, we were long distance between New York and Austin. The following year (by then engaged), he was in Australia and I was in Austin. Ditto both times for my b-day in January. I don't know why it's so funny to me that the first time we get to celebrate together has happened after we've married, but it is. And I've been counting down the days, hours, moments to December 18, 2015.
Also, if you've known me for 5 minutes, then you'll know that Matty and I love surprises. To a fault, at times. So this day was filled with a bunch of "will we/won't we" surprises and one huge "GUESS WHAT" surprise. It went like this:
- Brunch at Café No Sé in the new South Congress Hotel
- Walk around Lady Bird Lake
- Coffee and mimosas at Josephine House
- STAR WARS!!!!! to his great shock and my utter smugness
- Top Golf with the best of friends
- A late night tattoo on 6th Street (to both of our great surprise, because ending your b-day on 6th Street in Austin is normally not our idea of "awesome")
- Voodoo Donuts (where a guy was dressed as Iron Man eating donuts - couldn't have been more perfect if I'd planned it)
But in reality, the best part of the day was simply being with him and watching him have fun. He's the best thing about my life and I'd pour out a thousand birthday celebrations for him if I could.
Happy birthday, baby. xoxo