Some Lindt Dark chocolate varieties are dairy-free, but some are not. Hence, you must always check the ingredients and labels before buying.
Cross Contamination Warning
While Lindt’s Excellence 70%, 85%, 90%, and 99% dark chocolate bars do not contain milk products as ingredients, all Lindt manufacturing facilities process milk, dark, and white chocolate products. This means that Lindt dark chocolate may not have milk or dairy products but comes with a cross-contamination warning.
Lindt Products for Lactose Intolerance
Lindt uses dairy ingredients such as skim and whole milk powder in many chocolate products. Although the Excellence bars mentioned earlier do not have milk products, Lindt does not have chocolates for people with severe lactose intolerance due to the risk of cross-contamination in their manufacturing facilities.
Lindt Dark Chocolate Ingredients
A typical Lindt dark chocolate that is dairy-free and vegan has the following ingredients.
- Cocoa powder
- Cocoa butter
- Demerara sugar
- Bourbon vanilla beans
However, you must always check the ingredients before buying.
Lindt Dairy-Free Chocolate Varieties
- Oatmilk salted caramel recipe bar
- Oatmilk classic recipe chocolate bar
- Lindt hot chocolate
- Lindt Excellence dark 70%
- Lindt Excellence dark 85%
- Lindt Excellence dark 90%
- Lindt Excellence dark 99%
- Lindt Excellence raspberry hazelnut 70%
- Lindt Excellence orange almond 70%
- Lindt Cooking 70%
- Lindt Cooking 51%
- Lindt Classic vegan milk chocolate
- Lindt Classic vegan hazelnut milk chocolate
- Lindt Classic vegan milk caramel sea salt chocolate
- Lindt Hello vegan milk cookie bar
- Lindt Hello vegan Santa
- Lindt Hello vegan milk sweet & salty popcorn bar
- Lindt Hello vegan milk salted caramel bar
Best Dairy-Free Chocolate Brands
- Enjoy Life: Allergy-friendly, vegan dark chocolate; made in a dedicated nut- and gluten-free facility. Rich flavor and smooth texture, and it melt in your mouth.
- Endangered Species Chocolate: Vegan, fair-trade dark chocolate; supports wildlife conservation. Bold flavors, smooth texture, and various cocoa percentages for different tastes.
- Hu Chocolate: Organic, vegan, paleo-friendly chocolate; free of soy, refined sugar, and emulsifiers. Rich taste, creative flavor combinations, and high-quality ingredients.
- Theo Chocolate: Organic, fair-trade, vegan dark chocolate; supports ethical sourcing. Wide variety of unique flavors, smooth texture, and a focus on sustainability.
- Pascha Chocolate: Organic, fair-trade, vegan chocolate; free of soy, nuts, and gluten. Simple, high-quality ingredients, satisfying dark chocolate taste, and eco-friendly packaging.
Do Percentages In Chocolates Matter?
The percentage on chocolate bars indicates the ratio of cacao beans to sugar, with higher percentages indicating a stronger chocolate taste and less sweetness. Choose bars with 70% cacao and above for health benefits and a richer taste. However, flavor and sweetness may vary between brands, even with similar percentages.
Is Dark Chocolate Healthy?
Dark chocolate can be healthy in moderation due to its high antioxidant content, which helps reduce inflammation. Dark chocolate also contains theobromine, which can improve blood flow by widening blood vessels.
Is Vegan Chocolate Always Dairy-Free?
Vegan chocolate is always dairy-free and suitable for lactose-intolerant individuals. However, dairy-free products may still contain other animal-derived ingredients and may not be vegan.
Is Lindt Dark Chocolate Vegan?
Some Lindt products, such as the Excellence range with 70%, 85%, 90%, and 99% cocoa dark chocolate bars, are made without animal products. However, always refer to the packaging for a definitive ingredient listing.
Is Lindt Dark Chocolate Vegetarian?
Lindt chocolates are suitable for vegetarians as they only contain ingredients of animal origin like milk, milk products, milk fat, cream, eggs, and honey. Some praline brands may contain shellac.
Is Lindt Dark Chocolate Gluten-Free?
Most Lindt dark chocolates from the Excellence line are gluten-free, but some may contain barley malt powder. Be sure to check the ingredients before purchasing.
Is Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate Dairy-Free?
Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate is labeled as dairy-free but may contain milk or milk components due to cross-contamination during production. It is not suitable for individuals with severe dairy allergies.
Are Lindt’s Dark Chocolate Truffles Dairy-Free?
Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles are not dairy-free, as they contain milk ingredients like milk fat and skim milk powder. These truffles are unsuitable for individuals with dairy allergies or those following a strict dairy-free or vegan diet.